The arrival of PET-CT (Positron Emission Tomography- Computed Tomography) has revolutionised diagnostic imaging, especially in neurological disorders. It aids effectively in assessing the patient’s individual cancer and provides personalised, targeted treatments.
The evolution of diagnostic techniques has shown extraordinary progress in detecting disease in the human brain. Brain is the master organ of the body. The brain is seated at the top of the body and manages all jobs and functions. Brain is protected by a hard and protective bony structure which is called the skull. Other than this bone is surrounded by a three layered tissue for extra protection and provides a cushioning effect to the brain.
A PET-CT scan of the brain has the ability to characterise the different brain regions which provides more comprehensive images of the brain. Brain PET CT scan is useful in early diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders, functional disorders, inflammation and detect the causes of epileptic disorder.
Brain is one of the most delicate organs so we can’t go for a biopsy of the brain in very few months to monitor the tumour, so doctors rely on the scanslike CT scan, MRI and PET-CT. The PET CT scanned images allows the doctors and medical team to identify the treatments that are working, and also detect the recurrence of certain diseases.
Brain controls the emotional and physical well being of the person. So it’s important to ensure good health and prevent dysfunction. This is only possible with early intervention and early diagnosis. Ganesh Diagnostic offers a wide range of diagnostic tests like CT scan, MRI and PET Scan. There are many benefits of a Brain PET scan in Delhi.
The Delhi advanced PET Scan centre is packed full of advantages.
Evolution of Diagnostic Tool in Medical Imaging
- Technological Advancements- PET is a non-invasive method with-time diagnostic images has seen remarkable improvements in resolution and accuracy, allowing for detailed imaging of the brain structure and function.
- Tracer development (A special dye) – With the advancement of technology a development of tracer enables the detection of specific biomarkers which are associated with various brain conditions.
- Glucose is the main fuel of the brain. During the scan, tracer is injected which is attached with the glucose.Than PET-CT is able to detect the radioactive glucose which is utilised by the brain at a higher rate.
- Fusion Imaging- The combination of PET and CT scan offers a comprehensive view by merging metabolic data with anatomical details from CT enhancing diagnostic imaging precision.
- PET: A Non-invasive diagnostic method of testing. It means there is no surgical involvement or incisions which accounts for a safe, pain free and quicker method which provides images of the brain anatomical and functional activities.
- Early disease detection- PET or PET-CT aids in early detection and localization of abnormalities in the brain, assisting in timely intervention and treatment planning. As it detects the minor differences, several conditions can be detected at the initial stages even before a clear-cut or major symptoms appear. This gives a crucial time to start early intervention and treatment to work toward better prognosis.
- Precise Treatment Monitoring- PET scan provides real time information on how the brain responds to treatments, allowing for adjustments in therapies for better patient outcomes.
- Helps in differentiating the conditions- PET-CT helps differentiate between various neurological conditions, facilitating accurate diagnoses such as distinguishing between Alhzeimers diseases and dementia.
- Research and advancements- PET scan pays an important role towards growing possibilities in the healthcare industry through research and study findings. PET-CT scan aids in understanding brain disorders and developing new treatments.
- PET-CT scan is a safe procedure. Tracers also have a very short life which suggests that they lose their radioactivity. Additionally, radiation exposure from PET-CT is very low and safe.
Role of PET CT in Brain Disorder
PET CT are used in diagnosing and managing many central nervous system disorders. Also monitor the treatment progress, recurrence after the treatment and detect the metastasis of the cancer. Some common disease helps in identifying the following disease are:-
- Head trauma
- Parkinson’s disease
- Detect cancer
- Detect the spread of cancer
- Prepare for epilepsy surgery
PET CT scan is a safe diagnostic test for the majority of the people. But there are certain risks too which your doctor or radiologist makes sure that the benefits of having the PET/CT scan outweigh the risk.
- Pregnant women should not go for PET scans.
- Breastfeeding mothers should inform their prior to the scan, the doctor will guide whether they need to stop or not and the length of time for which you need to stop breastfeeding your baby.
- Swelling and Bruising
- Patient may need a small bruise where a needle is inserted into the vein for the radiotracer. In case radioactive tracers leak then it may cause swelling and pain in your arm but it’s rare.
- Allergic reaction
- It’s very rare that people may get allergic reactions to the radioactive tracer. It is usually associated with weakness, difficulty in breathing and sweating.
Brain PET-CT in Delhi stands as a ground breaking opportunity in neurological diagnostics, offering unparalleled insights into the brain’s functionality and structure. Its evolution continues to refine capabilities, empowering healthcare professionals to deliver precise, timely care to patients with neurological conditions.
A trained and efficient team of Ganesh Diagnostic strives towards achieving excellence in terms of patient care and modern diagnostic solutions.
About Our Diagnostic Centre
We, at Ganesh Diagnostic and Imaging Centre, pride ourselves in the field of patient care. Our diagnostic centre stands out due to-
- Cutting Edge Technology: We are a highly equipped diagnostic centre that has a comprehensive range of tools and techniques in the field of medical care.
- Affordable costs: Despite using advanced technology, we maintain comPETitive pricing for accessibility. PET CT scan price in Delhi is based upon a number of factors and may range from INR 16000/- to 32,000/-.
- Experienced professionals: Our team comprises highly experienced radiologist, cardiologist, pathologist and skilled technician ensuring the highest standard of care.
- Patent centric approach: We prioritise patient comfort and satisfaction throughout the diagnostic process.