KVB provides an extensive range of banking services and facilities to its account holders. The account balance can be checked with the help of the Karur Vysya Bank Balance Check Number. Customers can track their account balances anytime. The registered mobile number should be used to make a balance inquiry. Let us now discuss the different ways to check the KVB account balance.
Reasons to Check the KVB Account Balance
Balance Enquiry is the most common service that accountholders access. Mentioned below are the reasons to check the KVB Account Balance:
- Prevents overspending
- In time detection of anomalies and fraud
- Income from Investments
- Prevents EMI missouts
- Ensure all the deposits expected have been received
- To look for unexpected charges
Prerequisites to check the account balance?
Mentioned are the things to be kept in mind before checking the account balance:
- To check the account balance, the first prerequisite is registering the mobile number with the bank.
- The mobile network shall have an active plan to receive and send SMS.
- An internet connection is also required to use different banking apps.
- Internet banking shall also be activated to avail of the services.
- ATM or debit card shall also be activated.
How to Register Mobile Number for KVB Balance Check?
This service can only be availed by customers with mobile numbers registered with the bank. They can get their numbers registered with the bank in below-mentioned ways:
- Accountholders can call directly call to get the KVB account balance via SMS.
- One can visit the nearest Karur Vysya branch to get the same updated.
Different Ways to Get KVB Balance Check
- Via Missed Call Banking:
The Missed call service is offered by Karur Vysya Bank only to customers who have their mobile numbers registered with the bank. One may visit the bank to get the mobile numbers registered with the bank. Mentioned below are the steps to make a balance check via Missed Call Banking:
- Users can give a missed call at 09266292666 from their registered mobile number.
- The call would then get disconnected automatically after 2-3 rings.
- An SMS containing the account balance on the registered mobile number will be received.
Give a missed call to know the transactions and balances in your account.
- Register your mobile number with the bank.
- For Balance inquiry, give a missed call to 09266292666 from your registered mobile number. You will receive an SMS showing the current balance in your account.
- For Account Statement inquiries, give a missed call to 09266292665 from your registered mobile number. You will receive an SMS showing the last 3 transactions in your account.
- For customer ID, give a missed call to 08882101234 from your registered mobile number. You will receive the Customer ID through an SMS.
- For blocking UPI services, give a missed call to 08750682682 from your registered number. You will receive an SMS on the successful hotlist.
- Via Internet Banking:
Mentioned below are the steps to check account balance via Internet banking:
Step 1: Open the official website of Karur Vysya Bank.
Step 2: Click on the “Login” button. Login using Username and Password.
Step 3: Choose the Internet banking option.
Step 4: Click on ‘Continue to Login”.
Step 5: Provide your credentials.
Step 6: Now, make a balance enquiry from the portal.
- Via Mobile Banking:
KVB has also facilitated mobile banking for its customers. Some of the apps offered by them are:
- KVB Dlite: Customers can download and install the app from Android or IOS devices. It helps to check account balances, transfer funds, open accounts online, get KVB Mini Statement, bill payments, etc.
- KVB e-Book: It allows users to check their account balance, deposit-related details, and utilities. One can download this app either on IOS or Android smartphones.
- BHIM KVB Upay: This app allows users to check their account balances without remembering their account numbers. This app can also be downloaded on Android or IOS devices.
- Via Passbook:
- A physical Bank passbook is the easiest way to make a balance enquiry. By keeping the passbook updated, customers can keep track of the transactions they make in their bank accounts.
- A bank passbook keeps a record of both the debit and credit transactions that the customer has made.
- Customers are required to visit the bank branch to get their passbooks updated.
- Nowadays, customers can view the account balance electronically to get a physical passbook.
- Customers can add multiple accounts they hold to this app and instantly view their account balances and statements.
- By Visiting ATM:
Mentioned below are the steps to check the account balance via Internet banking:
Step 1: Visit any nearest ATM.
Step 2: Insert the debit card into an ATM machine.
Step 3: Choose the option “Balance Enquiry”.
Step 4: The account balance will then be displayed on the screen. You can get a printed copy of the same.
- Via WhatsApp Banking:
Another method of checking the account balance is WhatsApp Banking. Mentioned below are the steps to know the bank account balance via WhatsApp Banking:
- Balance Enquiry
- Mini Statement
- FD/RD Interest Rates
- Cheque Book request
- Account Block/Unblock
- Debit Card Block
- Net banking Block/Unblock
Step 1: Send a “Hi” message to the WhatsApp banking number, i.e. 9176994444.
Step 2: Tick “Agree to the Terms and Conditions”.
Step 3: From the main menu, select the options and use the KVB WhatsApp Banking service.
Step 4: WhatsApp banking allows you to return to the “Main Menu” by typing #.
Step 5: Give consent to receive important communication from the bank.
Step 6: Now WhatsApp services can be used.
Why should account balances be checked frequently?
Account holders carry out many different transactions; Balance Check is one of them, which is carried out for several reasons:
- To ensure there is enough balance left in the bank account.
- To check the status of any payment received.
- To ensure that the cheque submitted has been cleared and the amount has been credited to their bank account.
- To check the amount reflected in the bank account is close to what is expected to be left in the account.