Indian Government has created the digital intelligence unit as a main and central organization having a goal with investigating telecom-related fraud management. To complete this mission, it will create with several financial institutions and let you avail many services to have an eye on threat analysis to your device. In this article, we are going to know about TAFCOP by providing its complete working and services that can be used.
TAFCOP: An Overview
TAFCOP is an initiative developed by the department of Telecommunications (DoT) in India which is designed to provide consumers to monitor and manage their mobile connections registered with their name. The complete decoding is ‘Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection’ that works as an environment for fraud management and consumer protection. Also it has been developed to manage complaints related to unwanted public communications.
Tafcop.dgtelecom Portal Details 2023
|Portal Name||TAFCOP.DGTelecom.Gov In Portal|
|Full Form||Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection|
|Introduced by||Department of Telecommunication (DoT)|
|Beneficiaries||Indian Telecom Subscribers|
|Objectives||Reducing fraud cases & unauthorized mobile connections|
Know About TAF COP Consumer Portal
TAF COP Consumer portal is a dedicated portal, leverages telecom analytics to identify and prevent fraud while safeguarding consumer interests. Through this platform, consumers can easily verify the number of mobile connections registered under their name and take appropriate actions if they discover any unauthorized or excessive connections.
Additionally, the TAF.COP Consumer Portal adheres to the Department of Telecommunications’ guidelines by sending SMS alerts to consumers who possess more than nine mobile connections registered in their name.
TAF COP Consumer Portal Objective
TAF COP consumer portal is designed to help people to discover how many mobile connections are connected to their accounts. This shows them to fix their extra connections. The portal is mainly focused to check the number of SIM Cards registered under any username. It’s a convenient and time-saving way to keep track of their number linked to aadhar card, lost or stolen mobile number. There is also one additional service that allows consumers to report their number if they are not required or in case of theft. Although the portal is designed to be accessed anywhere in India, there are some states where it is available and can be accessed directly. The list includes Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, Telangana, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram.
Guide to TAFCOP DGtelecom Gov In Login
For logging into the TAFCOP DGtelecom Gov in login portal, user needs to follow the steps given below:
- Open a web browser and search for Tafcop.Dgtelecom.Gov.In PORTAL. Alternatively, you can enter tafcop dg telecom gov in login on its search bar.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the taf cop portal login button.
- Now enter your user ID and password.
- After this enter the captcha code.
- Finally, click on the Login button to log in to your registered account.
The above process can help you to access tafcop portal login in an efficient process. This allows you to go through your document accessing, aadhar verification, etc.
Procedure To Check Active SIM Status On TAFCOP Portal
To check the online connection registered on the TAFCOP portal, the user has to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, visit the official portal i.e. Tafcop.Dgtelecom.Gov.In portal sim card.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now go to the Know Your Active Mobile Connections option from the homepage.
- Now, enter your mobile number
- After this click on the Request OTP button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Now, enter the received OTP
- Now enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- After this click on the Validate button.
- After successful verification, the registered online connections will open on your screen
Procedure to Link Mobile Number With Aadhaar Card
If your mobile number is not linked with aadhar card then you can link that with a few steps, although, you can check how many numbers are linked with your aadhar card by the help of tafcop portal aadhar card.
- Get the aadhar update or correction form that is available on the UIDAI website from your nearest aadhar center.
- Fill out the required credentials in form and attach the necessary documents. Including, a copy of your aadhar card and an ID like Pan card, passport, voter id card, etc.
- Submit the form to your aadhar center to verify your data and biometrics.
- When you are done with these steps, you will get an acknowledgement slip and with that your mobile number will be linked with your aadhar card in a few days.
- You can visit your nearest telecom service store as well, where you just need to give your aadhar card and mobile number then go through the verification.
- Once the verification gets successful you will be given an otp that you can use to finish the procedure.
Tafcop Dg Telecom Gov In Tracking (Lost/Stolen) Mobile
The Ministry of Telecommunications also provides the facility to track lost/stolen mobiles through tafcop.sancharsaath.gov.in, earlier known as Tafcop dg telecom gov in tracking. Follow the steps below to easily track your lost/stolen devices.
- Open the newly launched website of Sanchar Sathi.
- Go to citizen-centric services and click on Block your lost/stolen mobile (CIER).
- A new page will open on www.ceir.sancharsathi.gov.in.
- Now click on CIER (Blocked Lost/Stolen Mobile).
- After clicking, the blocking request form will open which is divided into three steps:
- Device info.
- Lost information.
- Personal information of the mobile owner.
- Enter all the necessary details in each section.
- Upload purchase challan, police station complaint and address proof (Aadhaar, Driver’s license, voter card, or passport).
- Finally enter your valid mobile number which you have and actively verify through OTP.
- Now click on submit. You will get the complaint number that can be saved to track your complaint’s status.
Documents Required For TAFCOP Telecom Gov In
For registering a complaint against a lost/stolen Mobile at TAFCOP telecom gov in, candidates need to have following documents.
- Police Complaint
- Bill Invoice
- Valid ID Proof.
On the other hand, to register for an active SIM, consumers only need to have an aadhar card copy with them.
Downloading TAF COP App On Smartphone
According to DoT, there are no official applications for tracking SIM Card or blocking lost or stolen devices but taf cop is the one platform designed to cover such activities. Applicants should wait to download this app in future, here are the steps required:
- Open Google playstore in your mobile and search for tap cop portal app.
- You will see multiple results hence find an official application.
- Click on the application’s icon and scroll the page for the download button.
- Tap on the download button and wait until the application is installed.
- When the application is successfully downloaded and installed, enter required details.
How To Report Number From TAF COP Portal Gov In?
At TAF COP Portal Gov In, if you come across any surplus or unauthorized connections registered in your name, you have the option to click on the “Report” button. The actions below should be followed in order to report any numbers that appear under your name on the TAF-COP site but that you no longer use:
- Click “This is not my number, Report This Number” after checking the box to the left of the number to report it.
- If you don’t need that number click on “ Not Necessary”
- Then Press the “Report” button to bring the process to a close.
Alternatively, you can deactivate your number in following ways:
- Simply click the “Deactivate” option for users who want to deactivate connections they no longer want to utilize.
- You can proceed by completing a form with your details and the justification for deactivation.
- Then, a confirmation SMS will be sent to you by your service provider after the deactivation process is complete.
Check Report Status On Tafcop Dgtelecom Gov In Login Portal
If you send a request for a mobile number that is not remembered to you or you don’t need anymore then, you can check the current status of your request with the help of the steps given below.
- Open the official website tafcop.dg telecom.gov.in.
- Then, login through the OTP verification method.
- After logging in to the portal you will see a request tracking box.
- Now you need to enter your Ticket Ref ID which you got while submitting your request.
- After this click on the track button.
There are multiple other guidelines that have been issued by DoT which are usually used by users to check the reporting status of mobile numbers on the Tafcop Dgtelecom Gov In login portal.
Reasons Behind Tafcop.Dgtelecom.Gov In Portal Popularity
The “tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in” platform has been publicly released with the primary objective of mitigating telecom fraud. Under the new regulation, each customer is now allowed to register up to nine telecom connections under their identification.
- The tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in website encompasses additional provisions, including the mandatory verification of residence information via telephone. Notably, a Rs. 50,000 punishment is imposed for the selling of pre-activated tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in SIM card.
- The Federal Telecom Ministry implemented this method as a result of a request from the Telecom Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad. During a prominent conference, Minister Prasad discussed strategies for addressing the mounting concerns of mobile phone users regarding unsolicited messages through the TAF-COP portal.
- Furthermore, the issue of SMS harassment is closely associated with illicit loan transactions. The government’s actions are geared towards bolstering the security and integrity of digital transactions, thereby enhancing overall safety.
Importance Of The TAFCOP Consumer Portal
The TAFCOP consumer portal holds significant importance in safeguarding consumers against the perils of fraud and the misuse of their personal identity. It plays a pivotal role in addressing various common fraudulent activities that may occur through mobile connections:
- SIM Swap Fraud: This occurs when an individual acquires a duplicate SIM card for your mobile number and exploits it to gain unauthorized access to your bank accounts, OTPs, or other sensitive information.
- Call Forwarding Fraud: It acts as a guardian by preventing the unauthorized diversion of your incoming calls to another number, a scheme that often results in unexpected charges to your account.
- International Roaming Fraud: The TAF.COP portal effectively identifies instances where someone activates international roaming on your mobile number. It engages in costly calls or data usage abroad without your consent.
- Fake KYC Fraud: It also provides valuable guidance in detecting situations where someone illicitly employs your identity documents to procure a mobile connection in your name and subsequently engages in unlawful activities.
By utilizing TAF-COP, individuals can proactively monitor their mobile connections for any signs of these fraudulent activities and promptly report them to their service provider or the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
How TAFCOP DGtelecom Gov In Help To Reduce Cybercrime?
Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC) pertains to any commercial communication that a subscriber explicitly opts not to receive. This category excludes transactional messages and messages mandated by government entities at the federal, state, or other officially sanctioned levels.
- The “TAF COP dgtelecom gov in” platform will play a crucial role in mitigating instances of unauthorized SIM access, thus diminishing telecom-related fraud incidents.
- To effectively combat fraud related to telecom resources, this agency will collaborate with various law enforcement agencies, and telecommunications service providers.
- For accessing the official “Is TAFCOP dgtelecom gov in” Portal, you can log in using your phone number and input the “Ticket ID Ref No” into the “Request Status” field.
- In this manner, system will bolster public confidence in the digital ecosystem, aligning with the overarching goals of the Digital India initiative.
TAFCOP serves as a valuable platform for individuals seeking to manage and oversee their mobile connections, guarding against fraudulent activities and safeguarding their identity. The TAFCOP gov in offers a user-friendly interface, delivering prompt alerts and essential information to users. Additionally, it aids the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in upholding regulations for the equitable distribution of telecom resources by service providers. It represents a significant stride towards empowering consumers and enhancing security within the telecommunications industry. If you are a mobile user in India, it is advisable to explore the TAF-COP portal to ascertain the status of connections registered in your name.
- Pimeyes – A powerful Face Recognition Tool
- Foryoutricks com: iPhone Tips & Tricks, Emoji Battery Download
- CamMatch: A Modern Approach to Unrestricted Online Video Chat
- ExtraTorrent: Access Media Content Online
The official website for the portal is TAFCO.dg telecom.gov.in.
The beneficiaries of the TAF.COP portal are Indian Telecom Subscribers.
The primary objectives of TAF-COP are to reduce fraud cases and unauthorized mobile connections in India.
You can check the status of your complaints on TAF-COP by logging in using your phone number and entering the “Ticket ID Ref No” into the “Request Status” field.